Friday, June 22, 2012

Finally an update!

My life has been nothing but crazy these past few months.  We are having another baby, planning a 1st Birthday party, adding on (might as well say building) to our house and work has been super crazy stressful so I will try and catch up the best I can.

Let me start with my big baby boy!!  I just love my Brody to pieces!!  He is always so happy and he is just at a super fun stage!  I can not believe that he will be 1 in 2 very short weeks :(  This whole Birthday Party planning is driving me crazy.  I want so bad to have it at our house but being that it will be under contruction it might not happen.  I'm just going to play it by ear and if we have to change it at the last minute to my mom and dads we will just let everyone know.  We only invited mostly family so it will only be one group text to everyone the week before.  Everything else will hopefully fall into place by the 7th.  Anway here is what my baby is up to.

- He is actually taking a few steps.  Bert and I could get him to take about 2 steps between us until he would hit the floor but last night he actually did about 4-5 just in the middle of Bert's mom and dads living room!!!  YAY!  I'm so happy cause he sure is getting a little heavy for me to carry.

- I took all bottles away at at about 10 1/2 months.  He was only getting 2 a day about 8 oz each so we just switched to a sippy with 1/2 lactose free & 1/2 whole milk!  I was so happy to be rid of those bottles!  He never really cared about the bottle so it wasn't hard at all to take away. 

- He was moved up about 2 weeks ago in daycare finally.  They kind of had to cause they said he was starting to sit on the other kids that just laid on the floor that weren't mobile yet.  My son is 23lbs so I'm sure that wasn't comfy for the little babies.  He had a horrible 1st day in his new class (so did mommy) but we both survived and the next day was much better.  Thank goodness he only cried that 1st day when I dropped him off cause I probably wouldn't have left him again if he would of kept that up.  And I am so happy I do not have to buy baby food anymore.  They provide all meals to him during day!

-  He has gotten a lot more vocal so we're guessing he's picking it up from the older kids in class! 

-  We can not eat in front of this child if we don't plan on sharing with him.  It is horrible!!  I swear my child has a tapeworm or something.  When I get home and start cooking in the evenings he is in that kitchen circling me like a hawk crying.  He eats all day at school so I know he's not starving.  A few of his favorites are ham and cheese sandwhich(a whole one), grilled cheese, eggs, pizza (he eats 2 slices), pancakes and pretty much whatever is on our plate.  At 1st he didn't seem to fond of anything with hamburger meat but he proved to me last night that he was over that when he ate a whole plate serving of enchilada, rice & beans made by Aunt Paula!  Oh and don't let me leave out the plate of hamburger helper the other night.  It was a serving what I would normally eat. 

-  He has only been taking one nap a day around 11ish.  Nap time has always been so hard for us and it still is but he does tend to sleep a little longer now. 

I guess that's all about Brody.  I'm sure like always I left something out but I'm just trying to get caught up.

Now onto Baby # 2

Let me start off by saying that this pregnancy is 100% different than Brody.  If I didn't see a huge belly in the mirror with Brody I wouldn't have known I was prego.

I might have mentioned this in my other post but right before I found out I was PG I started doing the 24 day advocare challenge.  I noticed after I drank the spark I would start feeling real nauseaous and crappy the rest of the day.  I just thought well maybe it's the caffeine in it so I stopped drinking those and kept up with everything else.  When I found out on Feb 16th I was PG I stopped taking all of the stuff and realized what was really making me sick.  From the beginning I just didn't feel right about something with this pregnancy and I still don't know why cause everything is great with the baby but just not with me.  Bert swears up and down that I am having a girl cause my emotions are all over the place.  I have also been very tired with this one but that has a lot to do with Brody.

We have had several appts and US already and I guess that's just routine with my Dr.'s office.  At every appt everything has looked great with the baby.  We had our anatomy scan I think on the 24th and the baby looked perfect.  Still in the back of my mind I was worried and stressing about something being wrong with my baby.  After our anatomy scan we saw Dr. Cook and went over everything and it was like it went in one ear and out the other.  I guess it's the fact of how low the baby and much pressure I feel down there when the baby moves that's freaking me out but I honestly don't know.  Maybe it's all the stress I have and I'm worried that it's going to cause problems.  I had been having some weird pains that I never had with Brody on my right side and he said it's a sciatic nerve and when it hurts I need to rest.  Rest???  What's that?

We had another appt yesterday so I finally decided I'm going to spill my guts to the Dr. about how I've been feeling.  Thank goodness my extremely busy Dr. had some spare time to listen to me.  Mind you I had a little break down at home Wednesday night so my wonderful hubby that is putting up with an awful lot decided he will go with me.  I was so happy he went!  I told him about my fears with this baby and all the extra pains and stress I am having.  He said good news is your stitch is holding up but your baby is sitting right on top of my cervix.  He went back through everything and told me that baby # 2 is 100% healthy so I can relieve myself  of that stress now.  He also told me to quit my job but that's not happening so he told me to do as little as I can to get by at work.  He pointed at Bert and said let him take care of the house situation...Ha...he doesn't know my husband very well.  He did make a comment though about if I couldn't relax a little that we would have to make me relax.  I told Bert when we left that I refuse to go on bed rest so we have to figure out something.  He said you have 17 more weeks to keep that baby in there so do whatever you need to to make that happen.  He also wants to start seeing me every 2 weeks and every 4 weeks I will go downstairs for big US.  The same people that did my anatomy scan. 

This pregnancy is going to be the end of me.  I told Bert if this is a girl we are going to have to think long and hard about having another one.  I really would like 3 no matter what but I don't know if I can go through this again.  Ok I guess this is long enough.  Hopefully pretty soon I will have some pictures on the computer to post!

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Brody is getting so big and more handsome everyday!!! I stressed over Maggie's bday party because I wanted everything to be perfect...guess what..the party came and went and then I asked myself why did I stress myself out??!! (It wasn't worth it!)
    Take it easy and try to relax these last few months!! Baby 2 will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete