Thursday, August 4, 2011

1 Month Old!!!

Ok I am going to go ahead and post a 1 month blog while I have time and feel like doing it!!  Our little Brody is growing like crazy and changing everyday.  When I feed him I put my boppy around me and lay him across it, well it doesn't look like I will be doing that for long since he barely fits on there anymore.  We won't be going to the Dr. for a 1 month checkup so I won't know how much he weighs until 2 months unless I figure out a way to weigh him at home.  At our 2 week appt. when we left they told me to make a 2 month appt and I didn't think about it and made it and left, but then I thought he needed to go back at 1 month so I called and they said he was doing well and the Dr. didn't need to see him until his 2 month shots. 

So let me talk about what all is going on with him right now.  He is eating 4 oz. every 3 hours and he loves to eat and normally does not miss a feeding.  Every now and then he is super tired and won't finish a bottle but it doesn't happen often.   He is doing pretty good with his schedule.  Usually he will stay up between his 7:30 feeding and 10:30 p.m. feeding which is fine with me I can feed him at 10:30 and we both go to sleep pretty good.  He does usually have his time at night that he stays up between feedings and lays in bed and cries and I try to sleep through it but that is pretty hard.  I was kind of worried about him crying because I feel like that is all he does when he is awake Bert just thinks that I have him spoiled and he wants to be held and I do think that is some of it but not all.  Dory had told me she remembered with Cooper she had the same problem so I went back on her blog and sure enough Cooper was a crier which is weird cause now he is such a happy baby and I don't think I have ever heard a real cry out of him.  Dr. Dimmick had told her it was normal and should go away by 8 weeks so we have 4 more weeks to go.  When we first got home from the hospital we tried swaddling but he would through a fit until he could get his arms free and then he was happy so we just stopped swaddling.  Last night was the first night I have tried it since and he did ok, still woke up every 3 hours and still had his time in the middle of the night he was up between feedings but he also is a very warm baby and he sweats like crazy in that thing.  We keep it at 74 in the house which we think is a good temp, I guess he's just gonna be a hot one.  I think he is holding his head up pretty good already and he throws that thing around like crazy.  We also think that he is getting close to rolling over.  He gets so close to it all the time and usually when I first put him down to sleep and I randomly go check on him he is laying on his side.  I know that sounds crazy but one day he will do it accidentally.

Brody had his first modeling gig the past Monday.  A photographer out of Wharton had done pics with Dory and the kids a few months back and she did a wonderful job.  Since then I have been following her on facebook.  The other day she posted that she needed a model between newborn-4 weeks so I hurried up and messaged her since she seems to book up pretty quick and we got it!!!  She had got some new things she wanted to try out with a baby boy so the session would be free and I could get 5 digital images for free.  Well since my baby seems to be a bit of a crier I figured it wasn't going to go to good and we wouldn't be there long but he did excellent and we were there for 1 1/2 hours!!!  Of course she has all the pics ready and they are all so good so we do have the option to purchase one of her packages which we are going to do!!!  I still can't believe how well he did!!  I guess that's all for now and I will leave y'all with some pics from our photo shoot! 




No comments:

Post a Comment