Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Newborn-3Weeks!!

Ok I am going to include everything in this post just to get me caught up on it all.  I will do another post with nothing but pictures we have taken throughout our first weeks home!  The first few nights home were pretty rough and we didn't think we would survive them but we did!!  We had our 1st Dr. appt with Dr. Dimmick on Monday the 11th.  When he was born he weighed 8lbs 4ozs, when we left he was 7lbs 10ozs and at his 1st appt he was 7lbs 13ozs.  He helped us out so much by explaining things to us and telling us what we should be doing which the main thing was getting Mr. Brody on a schedule.  We tried it that first night home and it went ok.  Still a pretty sleepless night but way better than the first couple nights.  We go to bed by 8pm everynight unless we have something going on which he still goes to sleep but not in his bed.  At 1 week old he was eating every 3-3.5 hours about 3oz every feeding and he wakes up like clock work when it is time to eat.  He is actually squirming around right now cause it's almost feeding time.  Every other night is bath night so on those nights we take a bath eat about 7:30 and go to bed.  He is up at 10:30 for another feeding which is fine cause we are still usually awake so I feed again and lay him back down.  Now Dr. Dimmick told us to just let him cry which is really hard to do but I think I am getting better.  At night he will usually stay up between 2 of the feedings sometimes it's between 7:30-10:30 and sometimes it's between the middle of the night feedings.  Anyways between these he usually cries off and on cause he wants to be held so that means no sleep for us and we just get to lay there and listen to him cry :( I can not wait until he is sleeping through the night.  At 1 1/2 weeks he had his first trip to the bay.  I had brought his pack n play and expected him to sleep most of the time well I was wrong.  When we would walk in side he would start crying...walk outside and he would fall asleep in my arms.  He's already an outdoors boy!!  He got tons of attention and he better get use to it cause that was the first of many trips to the bay!!

He finally zonked out!!

At 2 weeks there hasn't been much change except we are up to 3.5-4 oz. at every feeding which seems like a lot to me but my baby is hungry and I'm going to let him eat as much as he wants.  We had our 2 week appt this past Monday the 25th and let me tell you our baby has grown.   He was 21 1/2" long and weighed a whopping 9lbs 8ozs.  Yes in 2 weeks he has almost gained 2lbs.  Dr. Dimmick came in checked him out and said everything looks good but that is an impressive weight gain and we need to watch it a little more.  He's an eater and that's all I can say about that.  I asked about tummy time cause I wasn't sure when we should start that and he said he recommends it right away so we tried that out and he doesn't really like it but hey if you let them cry long enough they will eventually give up.  Also we finally got to the point that we don't cry every bath night.  Brody did not like taking baths at first and Sunday's bath time was the first time he didn't scream I was so happy.

Saturday the 23rd we had a memorial for my cousin Cody in Garwood at my Uncle Dales house.  Most of my extended family hadn't got to meet Brody yet.  As soon as we got there he was taken away and gave me time to go in and setup his pack n play and all that fun stuff.  Once again all my little man wanted to do was be outside.  It was hot and loud and everything else but he was happy and slept through most of it until he was hungry!!  Everything turned out really nice and everyone did a fantastic job on the food and getting everything together!!  We didn't stay to late cause of course I was tired and ready to get home and sleep.

I will post pics of my little man from birth to now in the next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment