Friday, February 10, 2012

7 Months!!

Ok so I'm finally going to do Brody's 7 month blog.  I don't even know where to begin.  He is 20 1/2lbs as of his Dr. visit yesterday.  He's not crawling but he does use his upper body to pull himself around so he will get anywhere that he wants to go and he's getting faster by the day.  Poor Sissy doesn't know what to do with him.  He just got his 3rd tooth in and the 4th one is working on coming out and also his top 2 are trying to come out so I guess in about a week he's gonna have a mouth full of teeth. Time to move onto steaks!!!  He still gets bored so easy but he is a lot happier baby these days.  He gets 3 solids a day, breakfast, lunch & dinner and 3 6oz. bottles a day.  I love the fact that he doesn't need a bottle to go to sleep.  He has bottles at 6:30, 11:30 & 3:30 and solids at 8:00, 1:00 & 6:00.  Bedtime is still at 7 and by that time he is super cranky so he's always ready for bed.  He still does not nap good during the day but maybe a total of 1-1 1/2 hours. 

The past weekend Brody got to go to a party!!!  They had a surprise birthday party for Bert's brother Roland on Saturday.  We had planned on going but then of course Bert got called out on a job.  I was pretty skeptical going by myself but I knew all of the family was going to be there so I decided to go and Bert meet us there later.  He should of really been there almost on time but he got stuck on location.  Oilfield is so unpredictable.  As soon as Brody & I walked through the door he was taken from me.  I couldn't even tell you how long it was until I finally got him back.  A bunch of our friends were there and most of them haven't even seen Brody but in pictures cause we just don't get out much these days so everyone was happy to finally meet him.  He started getting pretty cranky around bedtime so I just cuddled him and surprisingly he fell asleep for about 30 minutes with music blarring and all.  Once he got up off he goes again.  I probably should of went home with him but I knew Bert wanted to make an appearance at the party so we waited on him.  He got there a little after 8 and we stayed til about 10:15 and went home.  Brody was pretty good the whole time.  He wasn't his usual smiling self but we were teething, still had a cold and a few short cat naps during the day.  At least he didn't cry the whole time.  Since we had such a late night I figured he would sleep in but I was wrong....he was wide awake like normal at 6:30.  I wish he would learn the days of the week already!  Here's a pic from the party.  It's not that good but that's all I got.  Starting him off young!!



My poor baby still has a cold.  Yep, the same one he's had since November.  Everytime it starts to get better, bam, we are hit with it again.  I finally decided to avoid STMC in El Campo and I took him to the Dr. my cousin switched to in Sugarland.  It worked out since I had an appt with my Dr. in Houston.  Two of the Dr's. in EC kept telling me "let it run it's course".  Well they don't try to sleep in my house at night.  So we met with Dr. Scott yesterday and she was super nice!  Even Brody seemed to really like her.  He had no problem with her looking in his ears or digging the wax out.  These were the 2 worst things they could do to him at STMC.  Maybe EC Dr's were a little to rough IDK.  Anyway everything checked out fine but she said it sounds like he's been having back to back colds and there may be some bacteria sitting down in there making it linger longer.  Finally someone to give me antibbiotics!!  She said it would make his poop red but not to worry as it's not blood, but this should knock out that nasty stuff.  Keep your fingers crossed that this works.  On the other hand we are on the down side of what seems to me like his 3rd cold so nights have been really good.   

Here are a couple pics I took of him on Monday.  My booger face is so happy!!



1 comment:

  1. C is on the antibiotic that makes her poop red! Haha. Jason freaked out yesterday and saved a poopy diaper to show me. Hilarious! Hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete