Thursday, January 12, 2012

6 Months!

Brody has reached is half year Birthday!!  I wanted to get him a present even though I know it's kind of crazy but I forgot something at Christmas time and needed an excuse but my husband told me I don't think so.  My mom & I both can't believe we forgot about a little red wagon.  Every kid needs one.  Anyways we had Brody's 6 month check up and shots on Monday.  He weighed in at 19lbs and is about 26 1/2" long.  He has always been ok with shots but these made him really cranky.  He went to bed super cranky and my normally extremely happy morning baby was still super cranky the next day.  Daycare said after lunch he got better and by the time I picked him up he was in such a good mood so we went to my mom and dad's to visit.  Usually by the time I pick him up he is over tired and cranky cause he won't nap but Tuesday was a totally different story. 

Here is what Brody is up to (not really anything new) and not up to these days : He will stay sitting for a few minutes once I sit him up (not sitting up on his own yet), he is getting 3 8 oz bottles and 1 4-5 oz bottle, eating dinner very well and he has liked everything I have given him except turkey, getting better at keeping himself entertained but he still loves attention and to be held, and finally, since he got sick in November, sleeping all night (we have had 3 nights of uninterrupted sleep)!! He has his favorite toys that we don't go anywhere without ecspecially the one we call monkey head, it's a monkey head with a blanket attached (you see them everywhere but i don't know what they are called), I love watching him reach out for all of his favortie things it is just so cute, everything he sees goes straight to his mouth and gets SLIMED!  Still only has 2 teeth but I'm expecting more soon.  The top doesn't look like anything but on each side of his 2 bottom teeth it looks really white and feels kind of bumpy but I really don't know what I'm looking for.  Still doesn't roll over.  I now know of 5 times that he has rolled over and only 2 of those times have been witnessed and 1 of the missed times was from belly to back in his crib.  I woke up the next morning with a tummy sleeper so now I put him to bed like that cause he slept so good.  And the best for last!!!  He is starting to hug my neck and I absolutely love it!!!  He wraps his little arms around so tight and squeezes!!  I don't think he realizes yet what he's doing but he does it everyday everytime I pick him up!!  He just melts my heart!!

If I forgot anything I will realize it and do another post later.  It has just been a super bad week and my brain isn't functioning right.  I lost a great co-worker this week and things just won't be the same without him.

Here are a few pics that I took of my buggy on Tuesday when he was so happy!



1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 months Brody! That first pic is just too cute. Also - I call the animal blanket things, lovies. :)

    ReplyDelete