Thursday, February 10, 2011

17 Week 2 Day Appt!!

I haven't blogged in a while so I will do a catch up real quick on all that's been going on.  On the 29th we had to go to Katy for the Go Texan Team Penning.  Bert helps out with this a lot so we had to be there and I was kind of excited about getting out of the house the only thing is we had planned on leaving the house at 5:30 a.m so I had to get up at 4:30 a.m.  As I was getting dressed I put on my regular blue jeans and not only could I not button them they were tight on my legs and butt it was like I grew overnight cause I had just worn these jeans the day before and they weren't that bad and Bert was like you can not wear those so I decided to try on some prego jeans my sister had given me.  They were a little to big but they were so comfortable and it felt so good ecspecially for that ride to Katy.  Both teams did really good but our junior team did get 3rd place and one a trophy and boots so we went out to eat and celebrate after.  As we were eating I asked Bert if we could go shopping for some more jeans cause Dory only had 1 pair of jeans since she was mostly prego during the summer time everything is capris or shorts so he said sure.  I tryed to find a Motherhood Maternity in Katy but the only one was in Katy Mills Mall so I wanted to go there and stop by JcPenney.  Well once we were done eating I was so tired and ready for bed that I decided to just stop by JcPenney.  They didn't have a very big maternity section but all of there jeans were on sale and I got 2 pair and I love them.  They are all still kind of big on me but I am filling them out pretty quick these days.  The next day I was sick, my throat was real sore and I was coughing a lot but I just figured it was the dust from being in the arena and all.  Monday morning I woke up and was miserable but I had to go to work cause it was end of the month my busiest day.  I didn't last very long and I stopped at Dory's and she checked my temp and it was 100.2 which isn't horrible but I was definetly sick so I went home.  Tuesday I had to come to work again still feeling like crap but just for a little while.  I called Dr. Cook's office and Mary Jane called in a prescription for me and when I went to pick it up the pharmacist came and talked to me about all of these warnings and side effects so I was scared to take it cause I did not want to harm me or our baby and the only other thing she told me I could take was tylenol extra strength.  I went home and I took one dose and slept a lot.  That afternoon Bert got called for a job to go up North and deliver some stuff so he was going to try and leave around midnight since he had to be there at 8:00 Wednesday morning.  He felt bad about leaving me all sick and stuff but I was fine.  Anyway after he left I went back to sleep and woke up about 4:00 and it was like I had just got out of a swimming pool and crawled in bed I was soaked and when I uncovered I was so cold but I got up and dried off and that was the last of my fever.  I am still coughing and stuff but it has gotten way better. 

The other day I decided to start looking for baby furniture online so I went to JcPenney's website and tada there was the perfect furniture set with awesome reviews.  It comes with the 4-in-1 crib a 5 draw dresser and a dresser/changing table and you can purchase the hutch separately and I can so see my child growing up with this furniture so hopefully we will be ordering it pretty soon as for everything else I will have to wait and get.  I have a lot of my stuff picked out for a boy and a girl so my plan is to make one book with all the boy stuff I want if it's a boy and another book with all the girl stuff I want and when our baby is born my sister and mom will get my credit card and the appropriate list and be sent to Babie's R Us to get it all and where ever else they need to go.  Babie's R Us has the 2 carseats I have picked out and the strollers in stock. 

Now for appt. updates.  I am 17 weeks 4 Days and so close to being halfway there.  Dory needed to go so I decided to give my husband a break and us girls go and go a little shopping also.  Our appt was originally scheduled for the 3rd but thanks to the icey conditions we had to postpone so we went Tuesday.  I left work a little earlier so we could eat and shop.  We went to Babie's R Us to look around and to Carter's.  Carter's has so many cute clothes and we got all Dory's kids some really cute outfits but as I was looking around I saw these really cute onsies now remember I am the one that wants no neutral colors well I bought the baby it's first outfit.  It's yellow and has a little duck on the front and then a big duck head on the butt and it was just too cute to pass up.  Then we went to eat at Red Lobster and it was delicious.  It alwasy seems like it takes forever at our Dr.s office but it didn't seem that long this time.  Dory got called back and like 3 minutes later I got called.  I told her she could come to my room if she was done first but couldn't look at the ultrasound since she's pretty much a pro at reading them.  So she text me she was done and Dr. Cook wasn't there yet so I told her to come on back.  Well he got there shortly after and the first thing he asked is where is your hubby?  I told him he didn't come with me cause Dory had to come but I had told him I would get some good pics of the baby.  Dr. Cook is so fast during ultrasounds and the pics never come out to good and he usually would just give me one well he took 4 pretty decent ones for me. Well as soon as he put that thing on my belly he picked it up realy quick and told Dory to turn around then he looked around for a little bit and told her she could turn back around.  We asked if he could tell what it was and all he said was I think so and kind of smiled.  I thought when this day came I would not be happy that Dr. Cook knew but I didn't but it doesn't bother me at all.  He said everything looked great and he didn't want to see me for a month which I am so happy about cause this every 2 weeks driving to Htown is crazy but I do have to go on the 26th for our anatomy scan but that one will be fun and it's on a Saturday.  And I even think it's the weekend of the Houston Cookoff so we can leave there and go check things out over there for a little while.  I think I am finally done.  I am going to post my ultrasound pics and a belly pic.  They all look kind of blurry on the computer but hopefully you all will be able to see them ok.  I'm hoping to get some really good baby pics at our anatomy scan!!
17 Weeks 4 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment