Monday, February 28, 2011

20 Week Anatomy Scan!!

We are finally halfway there and I am getting even more excited about meeting our little one and finding out what he/she is!!  We had our 20 week anatomy scan at my Dr. office in Houston on Saturday so I took advantage of having my husband in Houston on the weekend and did some shopping also but first my appt.  Our appt. was at 10:30 and I was super excited about going just to be reassured that everything is perfectly good with the baby.  Our ultrasound tech was very nice and let us know what was going on the entire appt.  Everything checked out good with the baby and is measuring 2 days earlier than my due date so she was saying we were 20 weeks and 2 days instead of excatly 20 weeks.  Our baby weighed in at a whopping 13oz.  I was not expecting he/she to be that big already since on my iPhone babycenter app was saying the baby should be around 10 1/2 oz. but I guess that just goes to show I rely on what the internet says way to much.  But we are almost 1lb!!!  We told her right away we didn't want to know what we are having so she didn't even look herself.  She took tons of pics for my file and then she took a couple for us and let us see our little one move around on the screen.  Here is a belly pic and a couple ultrasound pics.  My belly seems to be getting bigger everyday.



Here's our baby with the perfect little head and nose!!  That is a hand by the face but he/she wasn't sucking there thumb it's just really close!!

And here is a face pic!!

After that I drug Bert around to get his opinion on baby stuff I have picked out.  First we went to Babies-R-Us and our 1st stop was to look at car seats and strollers.  I had a girl car seat picked out but was going crazy that they didn't have a matching stroller and I had a boy car seat and stroller picked out.  Well I take him shopping with me for a reason.  First thing he said about it was the boy stroller was really nice but we plan on taking our child everywhere with us so he didn't think with the small wheels and stuff it would be good for down at the bay or our outside activities that we love to go to so we started looking at the jogging strollers with the big tires.  They had a green and black stroller/carseat combo that would be cute for a boy and then a purple stroller/carseat for the girl.  And even though I am not crazy about either one right now I'm sure they will grow on me cause the price is hard to beat and the reviews are pretty good.  We kind of looked through the high chairs and play pens but those aren't really big deal right now and we want to find a neutral one we like so we don't have to buy a new one for kid.  Off to the bedding...I had my girl one picked out that I absolutely love but as I was looking on the wall I saw one that wasn't displayed in a crib that I loved even more so we have a definite girl bedding picked out and we picked out one boy bedding there.  Then we went to USABaby and they have a ton more bedding and they have my original girl one so it's possibly still in the running.  We found another cute boy bedding we both liked so now we just have to choose between the one at babies-r-us and usababy but that won't be to hard.  So then I was done and he was ready to go home!  Hopefully this week or next week we will be getting our baby furniture in finally but then that's all we can do until our little one is here!!

And more great news...I found out Saturday that my cousin Jessica and her husband Nathan are expecting there first baby!!! She is 11 weeks along and her due date is me and Bert's anniversary Sept. 18th!!  I couldn't be happier for them and I know they will make wonderful parents!!

3 comments:

  1. AAwww....thanks for including us in your post! That was too sweet! I love watching you grow through your blog because I will be right behind you....I see what I have to look forward too. The ironic thing is we are due on yalls anniversary and yall are almost due on ours! Too crazy! :) Glad your scan went well and you got some good pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess I didn't even realize how close we were to yalls anniversary. That is very crazy!! I can't wait until you have a cute little baby bump!! I love mine and I am still wearing my regular shirts since maternity shirts are still a little big on me but I love showing off my bump in my little shirts!!

    ReplyDelete