Tuesday, April 19, 2011

27 Weeks 2 Days

Not that I have started my every 2 week appts it seems like the time to have our baby is right around the corner.  I'm already counting down appts...I have 4 left until I am 36 weeks and that is when Dr. Cook will decide what to do with me since I have my cerclage in.  Yesterday's appt went really well as always cause I just love chatting with my Dr.  The nurse came in to check my blood pressure, weight and the baby's heartbeat.  Blood pressure was good and I gained 4 more lbs in 2 weeks.  I think that's a lot but I guess I just have a big ole baby in there.  The heartbeat this time was 131...it just keeps going down.  The very first time I heard the heartbeat it was 158 and it's gone down everytime since then but it was still good and I just love hearing it.  Then Dr. Cook came in to check my cervix and he said everything looks great.  He told me we would go ahead and schedule my last big ultrasound when I am 35-36 weeks (they do these on Saturdays so I will have to come back in to see him) then I will go in the following week and decide what to do.  I have read with a cerclage they usually take it out around 36 weeks and let you go into labor on your own which I am hoping for.  I was kind of concerned about his plans for me cause I want the opportunity to have the baby naturally and I was worried they were going to want to do a c-section so I asked him yesterday and he said we will do everything we can for you to have this baby natural and that just made my day!!  So hopefully everything will keep going great for us I'm still just nervous about being so far from the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment