Wednesday, May 18, 2011

31 Weeks 3 Days!

I feel like I am so close to having this baby even though I still have 2 long months to go.  I am getting bigger by the day and just last week my ankles started swelling just a little, but I can't complain about anything cause I feel like I have been so lucky with my pregnancy since everything has gone so good.  About a month ago I started having this pain really high up like under my right boob well everytime I didn't have my bra on it was fine so I figured that was it and bought me a new one and it didn't help any but the pain still left at the end of the day so I just let it go.  Last week I noticed that the pain was no longer going away so I just waited it out until my next appt. which was yesterday.  Also on Monday morning I woke up with this very slight pressure low down but it wasn't bad so that was the next question for my Dr.  One of the nurses came in and checked my blood pressure, weight, and the heartbeat.  Heartbeat was at 148 this time and in just two very short weeks I have gained 7lbs so now that puts me at a total of 29lbs total gain so far.  I had told the nurse about the pressure so she knew the Dr. would want to check and make sure everything was ok.  Let me just say my Dr. is a very very busy man and I am surprised that I have been so lucky to see him at all but one appt. and they usually take forever...I schedule every appt for the same time everytime which is 1:30 and usually I am not out of there until 3ish sometimes later, but there's a lot of babies to be born.  So about 3 minutes after the nurse leaves she comes back in and ask if Dr. Nanda (not sure if I spelled that right) is ok that Dr. Cook was at a delivery and I was fine with that cause I wanted to hurry and get out of there.  Well 5 very short minutes later I hear Dr. Cook's voice in the hallway and I was so happy and sure enough here he comes.  He checked to see how everything was holding up and he said my stitch is holding up great and the pressure is because the our little ones head is low down and putting more pressure on my bladder and everything.  Then I asked about the pain under my boob so he told me it could possibly be my gallbladder or pancreas so he wanted to do blood work to make sure it was all ok.  So I will get those results back on Thursday.  My husband was finally able to go back to the Dr. with me this time so I decided we needed to tour the hospital.  My sister had all of her kids there so I knew where to go but I needed to show him.  We went across and up to labor and delivery and they had two new babies in there and they were so cute!!  The hospital is right across the street from where my appt's. are so we always park in the garage at my clinic and weren't to sure were to go for the hospital so we went to the lobby to check it out.  We looked down one hallway and could see outside so we headed that way.  There was a map on the wall we were looking at to see where we were and a very nice lady that worked at the hospital stopped and asked if she could help.  So we told her what we were doing and she gave us great directions to every where we will need to go on that day.   We walked outside and could see the street we drive everytime we go to the Dr. so it should be pretty easy for us.  Oh yeah and they have valet.  I was so worried about being left alone while Bert goes to park the car but not no more!!  I am almost ready for our little one to come and then the fun begins!!!  I'm not going to post any belly pics this time but I have another appt on May 31st so maybe I will with that post.  It looks the same just huge.  My maternity shirts are starting to not fit over it.  I feel like those really huge people that wear there shirts with there belly hanging out the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment