Thursday, May 26, 2011

Moo-La is having a baby too!!!

As some of y'all may know I have a cow named Moo-La.  I got her when she was about 3 days old and bottle raised her to the wonderful friendly cow she is today.   She has already had one heifer and was a good mommy unlike her's but we had to sell her since they would still be in the same pasture with the same bull.  While we were gone on our honeymoon our neighbor had told us that the bulls had really been following her around and she might be bred so of course I was all excited.  I figured she would be having her baby around May but now it looks like she will be somewhere around middle of June and I just think that is so awkward that we are both prego at the same time.  Since then our neighbor has sold all of his cows and bulls since it's been so dry so Moo-La is all by herself out in the pasture.  It makes me sad sometimes when I am coming home she is standing next to the fence looking at the cows on the other side cause she is so lonely.  We hadn't been going out much to visit her cause I feel bad when she's all excited to see us and we have no feed for her she just walks off but Bert went the other day and got her some high protein cubes since she does have a little one growing in there.  While we were feeding her Tuesday I asked if we could put her in our horse pasutre until she had the baby so she will be right there and of course he said yes.  We have 48 acres on Lake Texana and our house sits on 2 and right behind our house we have about 2 more fenced off from the rest of the pasture that we usually keep our horses in but since it had been so dry we let the horses out to roam the rest so if we put her in the horse pasture I can walk outside and see her everday right there!!!  We talked more about it yesterday while we were feeding her and Bert said if we put her in there and she has another heifer we could tame that one down like she is and we can also KEEP her!!!  Now we wouldn't even think about keeping this one if the bull that bred Moo-La was still there but that bull is gone so we have no worries, but if it's a bull calf we will sell him so keep your fingers crossed that we have a heifer.  I will update and post pics as soon as my Moo-La becomes a mommy again.

As for me I am 32 Weeks and 5 Days along and these days it just seems to be kind of creeping by.  I guess I am getting more and more anxious that of course it's gonna go by slow.  We haven't got to see our baby since April 2nd and it's driving me nuts and our next u/s isn't until June 18th.  It's only 3 weeks but I'm sure it's gonna feel like forever so I will just try and keep myself busy which shouldn't be to hard since we have so much going on the next 2 weeks.  I am still constantly growing and my poor little feet can't handle too much more weight but all the discomforts are well worth it.  I have an appt next Tuesday so we will see what the Dr. says then but until then I will leave y'all with some pics not of me but of my beautiful cow.  I will post pics of me next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment