Tuesday, November 8, 2011

4 Months!!

Time sure does fly by when your having fun!!!  Brody is now 4 months old and he just keeps getting bigger and more fun!!  We had our 4 month well visit yesterday and I was so not looking forward to that cause of the shots but once again Brody did great!  He is now 16lbs 8 oz (exactly double his birth weight) and 25" long.  Bert and I were both thinking around 17 or 18 lbs so we were pretty close.  He is in the 90% for weight so he is a little above average but he's still not a chunky baby just long and filled out.  Dr. Dimmick had accidentally gone to Wharton so we had to wait for him to come back but we had fun playing in the room while we waited.  He checked Brody out and told me what we should be doing now as far as our sleep routine and eating.  He said he should be sleeping through the night which for the most part he is but the past week or so mommy has given into him a little.  For about a month now he would wake up around 3ish and I would give him his paci and he would whine himself back to sleep.  Well the past week and a half when he wakes up its more like a cry so I usually give in and make him a bottle, but we have got to stop this.  I know he can go without it cause he has for a while so I just need to stick with it.  So last night went pretty well, he did wake up a couple times but he just whined for about 3 minutes, then he woke up hungry right at 6.  I was also told not to go over 32 oz. of formula and we are right at that.  That means we get to start food!!  I don't know why but I have been looking forward to starting foods!!  He wants us to start out on green veggies so we went out yesterday and got green beans and peas.  I'm going to start him with green beans for the first 5 days and then we will try the peas.  They say to start with one thing at a time in case they have an allergic reaction you know what is causing it.  Last night he was pretty fussy since he fights taking a nap during the day so around 6:00 we decided to get the video camera out and get ready to see his reaction.  I don't have a seat for him and he doesn't care for his bumbo so we just put him in his bouncer while I fed him.  I thought we were going to have a complete mess!  Of course he screamed and fought me while I was putting his bib on and everything but once I got those green beans in his mouth he calmed down!  I would just put a little on the tip of the spoon and put it in his mouth.  Most of it was coming out since he wasn't sure what to do with but by about the 3rd or 4th little spoon he couldn't get there and mommy wasn't fast enough.  That little mouth was wide open and wanting more!!  It was so cute!!  So far we really like green beans!!  I didn't want to give him to much since it's new I didn't want him to get a tummy ache.  About an hour later I tried giving him his bedtime bottle and he only ate like 3 oz and was full!!  I guess maybe that could be a reason he slept better last night cause he had a fuller tummy!!  Looks like we need to invest in a high chair soon. 

Let's see if I can list what else Brody is up to these days!  He is eating 6-7oz of formula every 3-4 hours.  I tried doing every 4 hours all the time but he isn't having that.  He loves tummy time and holds his head up way high so he can see you!  He is pulling his little legs up under him and picking up his butt and I really thing he could scoot himself forward if he would learn how to move his left arm!  Bert said he moved this morning but I didn't see it.  He still hasn't rolled over again.  A little over a month ago he rolled belly to back but Dory missed it once and missed it once and saw it once but with no camera.  He is so strong though I just know if he wanted to he could roll over with no problem.  He still doesn't seem that interested in toys.  He laughs out loud and it is the cutest thing I have ever heard!!  He loves to talk, mainly to me or Bert, and usually in the mornings or in the evenings.  I also think we are going to have a little fit thrower.  When he gets mad he stretches out and arches his back and turns bright red and just screams.  I have a feeling one day I will be walking away and leaving him screaming down an aisle in the store like who's kid is that??  He can be happy a smiling and talking one minute and the next he is throwing a fit.  Hmmm.... not sure where he gets that temper from.  I'm sure I missed something that he is doing these days but this is what I can think of.

We started daycare 2 weeks ago and let me tell you I still feel bad when I leave him.  I know that he enjoys it and all but I feel bad leaving him with complete strangers and I just wish I could spend more than 2 whole days with him.  I know every working mom does it but it sucks.  At least when I drop him off he is smiling cause if he would cry I don't think I would be able to leave.  A good friend of mine has a little boy that is about 2 months older and they are in the same class!!  I just know they are going to grow up to be best friedns!!  The other day I went early to get Brody and Mrs. Viola had him and Chaz in the stroller and they were both zonked out!!  It was so cute!!  I guess that is all for now.  I'm sure I forgot to mention something but I will make up for it next blog and I will post pics next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment