Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Teeth!!!

Ok let me start off from the beginning of last week.  I was a little sick but I just thought it was allergies.   Monday morning we woke up to a pretty snotty nose but a happy baby!  He didn't have any fever and didn't seem like anything was wrong so off to school we went.  When I picked him up that day he was super snotty but still happy.  Tuesday morning we woke up still snotty and had a slight fever (100.6 the highest it got) and a horrible cough so I made an appt right away.  In general he was still pretty happy.  We went in at 10:15 and by then his fever had gone down but that cough was so nasty.  She came in and checked him out and everything looked good and then she heard the cough.  She said that was to bad of a cough for a 4mth old so we had to wait for chest x-rays.  Thank goodness those came back with nothing.  She said he just has a cold and everything should be fine but if his fever goes over 101 I should bring him back.  Wednesday he still had a little fever (99.4) and the cough so I decided to keep him out of school another day.  Mom kept him that morning while I came to work and got some stuff done.  Thursday was the same thing except he had no fever at all so off to school we went.  Well Thursday night was horrible.  He didn't hardly sleep and whined & coughed pretty much the whole night and I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.  I maybe got a total of 2 hours of sleep that night.  Then Friday night he slept all night long until 6 the next morning...Great!!   Well then Saturday was another horrible night but not as bad as Thursday.  I just couldn't figure out if his throat was bothering him with that cough or if he was gassy or what.  Sunday morning I was getting ready for Church and Bert got up and was talking to Brody about how bad he has been and I walk over there right when he started smiling with his mouth wide open and tada we have two teeth on the bottom!!  I couldn't believe it...that was the last thing on my mind for our horrible sleepless nights.  Thank goodness your only a first time mom once.  Now we are finally back to sleeping through the night again and I couldn't be happier!!  

2 comments:

  1. Wow - teeth already?! I totally thought Charlie was getting a tooth a couple of weeks ago and then it never showed itself so I guess I was wrong. we need more pics of Brody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I couldn't believe it when I saw those 2 white things sticking up. Now that you say that I realize I have been slacking on the picture taking. Hopefully when I get my tree decorated (it's up) I can come up with something cute. I love Charlie's pics. She is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete