Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our 1st Family Christmas!!!

I have been waiting for this day for a long time now!!  I was so excited about Christmas this year that I even bought all of our presents early so that meant I couldn't procrastinate putting up my tree since I had presents to put under it!!  We woke up Christmas morning and I fed Brody and we went in to wake up daddy and tell him Santa had been here!!   He was complaining about getting up cause he didn't feel good blah blah blah!!  I just blew it off and told him to hurry so we could open gifts.  So finally he came in there and it was time!!  He handed all of Brody's gifts to him and he just couldn't stop staring at them and reaching for them.  So once again Bert got to help him open gifts while I took pics!  It was so much fun!!  He got more toys that will be used more in a couple months but it is so hard to buy things for infants.  I honestly believe he loved them all.  In his stocking he got one of the little blankets with the monkey head on top that he absolutely loves right now.  So much so that he goes to sleep better with it but I always go in and take it away since I'm still a crazy paranoid mom.  I had already gotten my gifts early since I usually can't wait.  I mean y'all wouldn't have pictures to look at if I wouldn't have gotten one of them early on and I also got a beautiful necklace from my boys!!  I had got Bert a GPS for his truck and also one for when he goes hunting so he doesn't get lost.  He usually goes on 2 hunting trips a year and there's a lot of walking involved.  After we were done opening gifts Brody and daddy went back to sleep.  Oh well I had cooked a big breakfast so I sat down to enjoy it.  Brody got up so we played some before I started our Christmas lunch.  Bert was still sleeping.  My mom came over to see what Brody got and to eat lunch with us.  Dad had gone back to work so she was home alone.  We ate and it was really good.  Bert got out of bed but didn't eat and then I knew something was really wrong with him.  After mom left I took his temp and he was actually sick.  Bert complains a lot and I usually just blow it off and ignore him but he was really sick this time.  It must have been some 24 hour bug cause it was gone the next morning and thank goodness neither Brody or I got it.  All in all we had a great 1st Family Christmas!!

Waiting patiently for Daddy!!

 Looking around for his presents!!


 Yay!!  His 1st one!!


Which one do I open 1st?

 Stocking stuffers!!

And all of his toys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment