Monday, August 6, 2012

13 Mths & baby update.

13 Months Old!!

I just realized right before I titled this blog that my baby boy is 13mths today :(  It really makes me sad seeing him grow up so quick.  Here are a few things he's up to these days:

walks everywhere now.  it is so weird seeing him come around the corner walking!
eats like his daddy (his food serving are actually bigger than mine)  i don't know where he puts it.
all I've ever really heard him say is Sis (sissy our inside dog), daddy and I could swear he said bye bye the other day but Bert thinks I'm crazy.
The only milk he has is a sippy 1st thing in the morning and he doesn't let you forget to give him that.
He loves our horses.  In the mornings when we get him up and after milky he likes to play on our bed with us and the 1st thing he does is look out the window to see our  horses.  Daddy even sometimes takes him with him to feed and he gets to sit on them. 
He loves our dogs.  He likes sissy the most but she can't stand to be near him.  It's so funny sometimes he thinks she chasing him and all she is really trying to do is get away but be close to me.

He is such a good baby but he will show you that attitude I swear he gets from his daddy.

Baby # 2

We went back to the Dr. on the 5th and it was pretty much the same thing.  Everything is holding up and to stay off my feet as much as possible.  I also had my 1 hour glucose which I only failed by 8 pts but they wanted me back for the 3 hr.  

On the 19th I had to go back for my 3 hour and then I had an u/s.  FYI the 3 hour glucose test totally sucks.  This u/s went by fairly smooth.  Even though this child was acting crazy again the tech was pretty quick.  She got what she needed and made me a CD with the pics.  She asked if my Dr. was checking my cervix at every appt which he does but that question kind of threw me off cause I know they can look at and measure my cervix with there machine.  I didn't get to see Dr. Cook that day.

The pressure and the stabbing pains started getting worse.  Sometimes they hurt so bad that I have to sit on the closest chair or I just hunch over and wait for them to go away.  I am just so ready to not hurt and be comfortable once again.  

My next appt with Dr. Cook was on Aug. 2nd.  He checked my cervix but he didn't say anything at all about it.  He told me to stay off my feet and that he was going to give me a prescription for steroid shots.  What??? Really??  These shots help develop the baby's lungs in case the baby is born prematurely.  That kind of freaked me out.  And the fact he didn't say anything about my cervix has my mind working overtime.  Another weird thing is is when he checked my cervix usually it is such an uncomfortable hurt you just can't relax, this time I didn't hardly feel anything cause he wasn't up to his elbow.   I picked up my prescription and I go back in on the 16th for another u/s and my 1st steroid shot.  Between every appt the pains and uncomfortableness gets worse and worse.  It is so hard for me to even sleep at night and I still have 2 1/2mths to go....maybe.   Anyway we will see what happens on the 16th.  

I have a trip for work coming up on the 12-14th that he told I can't go on.  I think I may still drive up on the 13th to the corporate office and drive home.  And Bert has a hunting trip coming up and I am hoping nothing crazy happens to mess up those plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment