Friday, December 28, 2012

Baby Skoruppa # 2.....

is another boy!!!  Owen David Skoruppa!!
 Ok I am way behind so bare with me as I catch you all up on everything.  I will start with the birth of my precious baby! 
Owen David was born on October 16th at 1:24pm.  Here is his birth story along with his birth weight story.  My repeat c-section was scheduled for 11:00 am that day.  Of course they are always behind scheduled so we had to wait a little bit.  I was getting nervous about the c-section but it wasn't bad since I have already been through it.  The anesthesiologist came in several times giving me more meds.  At one time she came back and added some stuff to my IV and I had to drink some really nasty stuff.  Whatever that woman gave me made me totally freak out.  I started shaking and all I kept telling Bert was to get me out of there that I couldn't have this baby and I was dead serious.  I don't know what came over me.  After about 10 minutes I all of a sudden started calming down again.  Shortly after there was another round of meds.  They pumped me so full of fluids that Bert said my face just swelled up.  Mind you I didn't gain much weight with this pregnancy.  I think it was maybe around 19 or 20 lbs.  With Brody I had gained I think 34lbs.  Then before I knew it they were wheeling me to the OR.  Maybe it's just me but there sure does seem to be a lot of people in the OR room.  Maybe it's a good thing they drug you up a little before you go in cause if they didn't I would probably feel a lot more uncomfortable.  Then in walks Dr. Cook :)  I just love me Dr!!!  He comes and ask how I'm doing and then I notice my husband still isn't in there which is weird cause when Dr. Cook comes in the baby is usually out in 5 minutes.  So I asked where he was and he was just standing right outside the door.  A few minutes later Bert is standing up to tell me that it was another BOY!!!  Dr. Cook held him up and said "Dusty you have another 8lber here"!  I just have big babies!  When they went to weigh him the scale said 7lbs 14oz.  Even the person weighing him let the scale clear out and redid it cause they didn't think it was right either but it came up the same.  They got me all cleaned up and then off to recovery I went.  I never got sick after Brody but with this one they couldn't hardly move the bed.  Finally we made it to the room.  Mom and Dory were there with all the kids including Brody.  Brody wasn't to happy but I think he was just tired that day.  And now that I'm typing this we never took a family pic in the hospital.  Needless to say they didn't stay very long but I was so happy to see my big boy :)  Owen was totally different from Brody since the beginning.  Owen was so wide awake and alert already in the hospital and that child came out making noises and grunting.  He still grunts all the time and in his sleep.  It's so cute and I can finally sleep through it.  Brody slept most of the time and I don't think we even saw his eyes the first week.  Anyways back to my little Owie.  He was just perfect!  Had perfect skin, dark hair and the cutest little nose ever!  We ended up letting him go back and forth to the nursery so I could get some sleep and the hospital stay was far better than last time. They were literally in and out of our room every hour last time even at night.  This time maybe every 3 hours and some of the times I just dozed right back off while they were checking all my vitals.  The first night we had a wonderful nurse (they were really all great) and at one point she came to take Owen to take him back and check him out.  When she came back with him she said his blood sugar was kind of low and they kind of wanted to keep an eye on it and I also heard her say he was 8lbs 6oz???  What??  He was only 7lbs 14oz at birth.  So the next day Bert went across the street to get us sandwiches from the little shop and he runs into Dr. Cook at the elevators and tells him about the weight and he said I knew that boy was bigger.  Then a lady walks around the corner and Dr. Cook started getting on her about the scales in the room and how they have been wrong and needed to get fixed.  So he had our birth paperwork fixed and all.  By the next day I was ready to go home.  I felt good and had been walking around the halls and showering and just wanted to get out.  When the Dr. made the rounds that morning Dr. Cook didn't come but one of the other new ones.  She said I had to stay one more day but I'm pretty sure I would of gone crazy.  About 2ish Bert had to get out so he went for a walk and ran into Dr. Cook again and told him we wanted out.  He asked how I was and called up right away to have the ped look over Owen and if he was ok to release so was I.  By 3:30 we were on our way home!  Here are a few pics of little Owie at the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment