Friday, December 28, 2012

On a schedule!

Brody was pretty easy to get on a schedule and so far this one is taking the same path as his brother.  I honestly believe a good schedule is the way to go.  Some people think I'm crazy for sticking with it so strictly and some people agree with me.  Here is Owen's schedule right now.
3:00 am - 5oz bottle
6:00 am - 5oz bottle
9:00 am - 5 oz bottle 
12: pm - 5oz bottle
3:00 pm - 5 oz bottle
6:00 pm - 5 oz bottle
Every other night bath
7:00 pm - get dressed and lotioned up for bed
7:30 pm- small bedtime bottle
8:00 pm - bedtime and sleeps until his 3am bottle.

We do sometimes get a little off on the weekend it just depends on if he wants to sleep in or not.  As far as naps he will stay awake between some feedings or take short naps.  Naps aren't scheduled yet but, hopefully, they will be soon :)  When I went back and looked at Brody's stuff Owen seems to be following along pretty well.  When I look at everything Owen is technically sleeping through the night already.  I think 5 hours is considered sleeping through the night and we have a 7 hour stretch at first.  I guess if I put him to bed at 10 or 11 he would sleep until 6 but I don't want a baby that stays up late so 8:00 pm it is!  I need some me time before I lay down which usually involves cleaning up the kitchen from supper and washing bottles.  

Owen is such a good baby.  After being home a few weeks he started to get colicky.  It really got bad at night and we would be up until midnight and even after getting him to sleep he would only stay down for about and hour or 2.  It was pretty bad.  After getting tips from all my mommy friends I decided to try 2 things at a time.  They fist thing I did was switch bottles and bought this black tar stuff called colic calm.  The first nigh was already 60% better.  The second night 100% better.  I think just switching bottles did the trick cause we don't even use colic calm anymore.  One night I tried going back to Dr. Brown bottles cause the drop ins are just a pain in the butt and I won't be trying that anytime soon.  He was pretty fussy.  I couldn't believe that just switching bottles up would do that.  

Ever since then I have had one happy baby :)  A couple weeks ago he started smiling and now he is giggling and all.  He is always so happy and hardly ever fussy.  Brody was never that happy of a baby.  We could always get him to smile but he would go right back to fussing every time.  Owen does have his moments in the evenings but it's just right before bedtime.  I try to make sure he stays awake after we get home and he is always tired cause he doesn't sleep much at day care.  I just love being with my boys and maybe we will try again to see if I can get my little girl.  Pretty sure I will be blessed with all boys but I do want to try :)
Here are some pics of my boys!








 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment