Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We have a plan!!!

Things went halfway ok yesterday so I will start off with our shopping trip.  2 weeks ago when I scheduled my appt. I told Dory I wanted her to go with me so I can get certain little things I would need right away for the baby like all the little ointments and stuff like that.  We were both excited to have a shopping day and give her a little break from the kids.  Our first stop was at a Home Goods store and we just got a few things there then we went to Babies-R-Us.  Know I have everything for a girl or a boy picked out there.  So first we get all the little things I will need then I wanted to look around and make sure they had all the stuff I liked and make sure I still liked it all.  First thing we notice is they didn't have extra's of my stroller, carseat combo all they had were the ones on display that kind of got me a little worried but hey they can get more in.  As we walked around I picked out a few more things I would need and then in the back I noticed they had more of travel systems in the back on clearance.  That can only mean one thing, they are discontinuing them and all they had were 2 of the boy one and 3 of the girl one.  I started to panic just a little.  The stroller is a jogging stroller and they don't have any other combo packages with a jogging stroller and plus I really liked these and they were fairly priced.  It's not like I can go and buy one of each and return whichever one we don't need later if I did that with all the stuff I would break us.  So as I was thinking I walk to the back wall and make sure they have my bedding.  They still have the girl bedding I picked out and I still just love it but they no longer have my boy bedding.  So then I really start to freak a little since my mom and sister are going to pick this stuff up right after the baby is born I need to make sure it is in stock for them to get.  By then I just wanted to get out of the store so we left and went to eat at Chili's and headed to the Dr.'s office.

Now for my baby update!!!  No weight gain in 2 weeks which seems great to me since the 2 weeks before I had gained 7lbs so I am still at a total of 29lbs and the heartbeat was 141.  Then I just had to wait for Dr. Cook.  I'm going to back up a couple weeks real quick.  The day after my last appt 2 weeks ago I had a real sharp cramp like feeling pain that went away pretty quick.  Now I'm not exactly sure what a braxton hicks contraction feels like but I figured that might of been it but I didn't have another.  Then a couple days later I had these really strange feelings every now and then but they didn't really hurt but I wasn't sure what it was.  On Saturday we were on our way to the bay and I had another really sharp cramp feeling again but just that one time and that was it.  These days everything seems to bother me and I'm just really uncomfortable and feel like my baby has no where to go cause I don't think I can get any bigger.  Some of my maternity shirts I bought don't even go over my belly any more so I just wear what I can and if I wear it twice oh well.   Well Sunday and Monday we literally sat around the house all day and I never got out of Bert's big ole T-shirt since it is very comfy and I just didn't feel good so I was glad I had an appt the following day.  Dr. Cook comes in and checks my stitch and he said no dialation yet and your stitch is still holding up then he said what would you think about taking your stitch out in 2 weeks?  I didn't think we were going to do this until 3 weeks later but I was like your the Dr. so whatever you say.  He told me to get dressed but don't leave without talking to me.  The nurse came in and told me to go the conference room to meet with my Dr. so I sent her to get Dory and went to the other room.  Dr. Cook came in shortly after being in there and shook my hand and said congratulations you will make it to full term did you think that would happen?  I was like no but glad it did and I was like I'm only 33 1/2 weeks and he said but you will make it to 36 weeks and that is considered full term.  So he asked me once again what I thought about taking out my cerclage in 2 weeks and I was like that's fine.  He said he should be able to do it in office since the baby is pushing on it and making it stretch he will be able to get to it.  I asked if the head was still down and he said oh yeah.  He said we will schedule something around 37 weeks either induce me or c-section.  So Bert and I will be proud parents maybe before the end of June!!  I will be 37 weeks in 3 1/2 weeks and I am not even close to having everyting done that we need for the baby.  He said we are going to try everything we possibly can for me to have this baby natural but there is one concern.  When I was like 15 or 16 I had abnormal cells on my cervix and they froze them off, I don't know if it caused some kind of a scar tissue or what but he seemed a little concerned about that and mentioned it might not let my cervix open.  If that's the case I will have to have a c-section so keep your fingers crossed that this won't be the case.  Hopefully when he removes the stitch my cervix will start opening.  Well now that we have a plan at my next appt in 2 weeks he should schedule my d-date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment