Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The News

This is going to be kind of a long post.  I will catch y'all up from the beginning.  Before Bert and I got married I had talked to my Dr. about babies.  Since I have had problems in the past I figured we better start discussing in just in case it takes a while.  She had told me that as soon as we start trying if we aren't prenant within 6 months to come back and we would start all the fun stuff so we decided to start trying right away since we figured it would be impossible on our own.  When I told my friend Alyn all of this she decided to send me a little present.  I kind of got her hooked on watching Real Housewives, well on the New Jersey one Dina gave Jacqueline a fertility bracelet and about 2 months later she was pregnant so she decided to send me one.  FYI as soon as the baby is here this thing is coming off!!  I got it in the mail the day of our wedding and put it on right away.  Well I had my monthly visit in October but November 8th came and as soon as I was a day late I knew something was up but Bert kept telling me not to get all excited.  So I waited a couple days and still nothing so I rushed to get a test and I told myself if it hadn't happened by Friday I was going to take one well Thursday rolled around and I couldn't wait.  So I did it and patiently waited for the results and there was a big ole yes on there.  Shaking like a leaf I walked in the living room to show Bert and he was like don't get excited it could be wrong so the next day I took another one and it said yes also but he still was telling me not to get excited until we see the Dr. so i called right away and they got us in on the following Monday the 15th.  I was 5 weeks along and then reality hit cause I really don't think he believed it until then.  Then we started talking and he said he really didn't want to find out what we are having and me being impatient I was kind of hesitant at first but know I'm ok with it.  It's just going to be more exciting when the big day comes.  We had our first ultrasound but you couldn't see the baby yet.  We went back the next week and there the baby was and the little heartbeart.  For some reason they had us come back at 8 weeks for another one but I didn't mind the more pictures the happier I am.  Yesteday was our 12 week appt and it actually looks like a baby now and it's so cute I can't wait to go again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment