Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Busy Weekend & Baby update!!

This will be a very long post.  This past weekend was very busy.  Friday I had planned on taking off of work a little early and going to help decorate for our family reunion since it was our families turn to have this year.   I knew I wouldn't be able to do a whole lot but I could help get things set up inside and I had planned on trying to drag my husband with me to help the guys set up all the tents and outside stuff but as always my plans didn't work out.  I got off around noon and went to my parents to see what I could do.  She was working on table decorations but it involved cutting stems off wild flowers and all so I figured I would just let her do that.  Bert was on a job so I was kind of waiting to hear from him to see what he wanted to do.  When I talked to him he really didn't sound like he wanted to go out there and help right away so I was like well I will meet you at the house and we can rest a little and decide later.  I had just left my parents and he called and said he had to go to Corpus on another run and if I wanted to ride with him and we could go eat on the seawall?  Of course I wanted to go.  There's just something about being outside and water all around that just makes me happy!  It was still early when we left so it wasn't like we would be home super late.  We got there about 4 and dropped off tools and went to eat at Landry's.  I wanted to sit outside even though it was kind of windy it was still a beautiful day.  He told our waitress to we were going to relax a while to just bring our plates out slowly and she understood exactly what he said and did a wonderful job.  I ordered me a virgin strawberry dauquri and it was so good.  As we were sitting there I looked down and my feet were huge.  I guess that car ride didn't do me any good.  We finished eating and headed home and we got there right before 8 and the first thing I did was put my feet up.  Bert got called out on another job so I had a peaceful evening and went to bed early.  When he is gone at night I always wake up like ever 2 hours when he is gone and call to make sure he is ok so I did this until he got home around 2 in the morning. 

Saturday was our family reunion.  I had planned on being there around 10-10:30 since they had me at the registration table along with my cousing Jessica (she's also prego) since it didn't involve much work and we could sit.  I felt bad waking Bert up since he worked so late but we live in Ganado and my car was still at my parents in El Campo needless to say we didn't get to the reunion until after 11 and almost everyone was already there.  It was so hot outside and the air wasn't working good inside but I had to tough it out.  When the auctin rolled around I really wanted to see it so outside I went.  Bert was helping with this and it is so funny watching him.  His initials aren't BS (bullshitter) for nothing.  It started getting way to hot so I went inside and there's Jess sitting on the couch and her husband had put a fan on her so I plopped down and tryed to cool off.  Later in the day the little kids were swimming so I went out there in the shade and put my feet in the water since they were huge again and everytime I would take them out Livy would come and grab them and put em back in the water and would tell me I had to leave them in there.  I was so ready to go home but Bert had just finished the washer tournament and still had the horseshoe tournament and I was not able to watch either one :(.  Finally around 8ish I got him to help take the tents down and cleaned up just a little and headed home.  I wish I could say I slept in Sunday but I can't sleep very late these days.

Sunday was my shower at my sister's house.  She did a great job of getting everything together and decorating.  It was small just mainly family and a few friends which was very nice.  I got a lot more gifts and the host gave me my pack-n-play.  Bert and I like to go a lot so that pack-n-play will get a lot of use.  The shower was so short and sweet and to the point I loved it.  I was so tired from going all weekend that I was ready to go back home and lay down after being there for about 30 minutes.  Thank you sister!!
Here are a couple of pics from the shower.

Me with the Grandma's


Now Dr. appt update.  At my last appt Dr. Cook had told me we were going to remove my cerclage and it sounded like we were going to schedule something.  Well I made Bert take off of work for nothing.  I really wanted him to go with me for this.  We went early so I could go and get me a pair of glasses and I needed to stop a Babies-R-Us for one thing.  We got to the Dr. early so we waited for a little while.  When we finally went back the nurse came in weighed me which I gained another 5lbs so up to a total of 34lbs gained and checked the heartbeat which was 140.  I was all excited and asked her he's taking my cerclage out right?   And she looked at me puzzled and said I don't think so we usually don't do it this early and I was like well that's what he had told me she said she would check.  A little while later Dr. Cook comes in and checks me and said nothing has changed and he felt around a little and said he thinks the baby is somewhere around 6 1/2lbs and then told me to get dressed and he would be right back.  He came back and asked if I had another big ultrasound scheduled and I do for this Saturday.  He said he wants to see how big the baby is before he removes my cerclage so next week I will get this darn thing out hopefully.  Then Bert asked how much longer he is thinking until the baby is here (since he had talked about scheduling me before) he said normally FTM's go full term but I would say with y'all 2-2 1/2 weeks so now it sounds like he's not scheduling me so I really don't know where we are at.  I am only 35 1/2 weeks so I want my baby to stay in there and cook a little longer but I am so ready to be comfortable again.  I know a few mommies that have to go all summer in this heat huge prego and I feel so sorry for them.  Anyways hopefully Monday I will find out more and try and figure out exactly what my Dr. wants to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment