Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We have a date...if it doesn't happen sooner!!!

Saturday we had another big anatomy scan that I was super excited!! Bert had decided not to go so I scheduled my mother to go with me.  When we got there she took us back right away and started.  First off she checked my cervix and there were no changes :(.  While she takes all the measurements and everything she doesn't let us see the screen just in case we were to be able to tell what we have in there.  She then turn the screen towards us so we could see that cute little face and let me tell you it looks like we are going to have one healthy little baby cause those little cheeks looked so puffy.  She had told us that the baby is weighing right around 7lbs (which these are usually off) and the heartbeat was 158.  And our little one was measuring at 37weeks 1 day (I was exactly 36 weeks saturday) so he/she is 1week 1day ahead.  It was really short and sweet and we were out of there with a few pics but it's really hard to see them so I'm not going to post any.

Monday was the day I have been waiting for.  Last week they were supposed to take out my cerclage but Dr. Cook wanted to wait til my appt. Saturday to see how developed the baby was.  They put us in a room and I asked the nurse if they were taking my cerclage out and she said well nobody told me anything but let me go check.  Next thing she walks in with some scissors and a few other things.  Dr. Cook was at a delivery so I saw Dr. Nanda.  She came in but they had to move me to a different room to remove the cerclage.  So down the hall I go wrapped up in paper to another room.  I asked her how things looked fromt he u/s saturday and she said really good and our baby was ok to come out whenever.  So then we started the removal process, it wasn't horrible having that thing removed but it was a little painful with all the pressure and cramping but it was over in like 5 minutes and out came this big blue stitch.  She said as soon as she took it out I dilated to 1cm.  I was happy to hear this since Dr. Cook seemed concerned last time about my cervix not opening cause of that little procedure I had done many years ago.  I know there is a possibility that I could stay the same for a while.  Once I got dressed she came back in to answer all the questions I had.  The first thing she told me was now with the cerclage out you could go into labor right away or it could take up to 2 weeks.  I already knew this since I read to much stuff on the internet.  I told her that Dr. Cook had mentioned scheduling me and she said yes we will get with Rita before you leave.  I had a few more questions for her before I just let her leave.  So off to Rita's office we went.  She gave us a date of July 5th or 6th and called the hospital to see what they had open.  So if nothing happens within these next 2 weeks our little one should be here on July 6th.  We go in on the 5th at 8:00 pm to get things going but since it's so late in the evening I'm pretty sure nothing will happen until after midnight.  I am super excited and scared but I can't wait to meet our baby!!  Only 2 weeks left or less depending on what my body decides to do!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo excited for yall!!! Can't wait to hear the news!!!

    ReplyDelete